Thursday, September 07, 2006

Ulundu Vadai


Urad dal - 1 cup
Grrenchilli - 2
curry leaves- 3-4
coarse pepper powder- 1tsp
soda - a pinch(optional)
salt to taste
oil for frying


  1. Soak 1 cup urud dal in sufficient amt of water for 1 hour
  2. Grind into a thick and fine adding very little water .
  3. Add a pinch of soda, 2-3 chopped green chillies, 1 tsp coarsely powdered black pepper, a bunch of curry leaves and mix well.
  4. Add salt just before preparing the vadai so that it does not become watery.
  5. On a plastic paper apply oil place a ball of this and flatten it by hand. Put a hole in the center. Wet your hands lightly each time you do this
  6. Deep fry this in oil and turn over until the vada turns golden brown.


Susil said...

Dear Sowram

What a great blog.Excellent work and I must congratulate you and thank you for letting us see and taste these amazing food.

I have my own website.If you allow me I would love to post some of your great recipes which would certainly be appreciated by my visitors

My website

My e mail

Thanks and warm regards


Anonymous said...

u rock