Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Almond Cookies




Ingredients

Butter – 1 cup(room temperature)
Sugar - 1cup
Vanilla 0r rose essence – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Almonds(skin removed)- ½ cup
All purpose flour – 2 ½ cups

Method

  1. Powder the almonds in the mix .
  2. Mash the butter in a large bowl till it is smooth and fluffy with an electric mixer.
  3. Sprinkle sugar and mix. Add the vanilla or rose essence and salt.
  4. Add the almond pdr and mix it.
  5. Then add the flour little by little and knead it. The cookie dough is ready.
  6. You can use a cookie press for different shapes or make thin rounds with hand.
  7. Preheat the even to 375 degrees.
  8. Press cookies onto a nonstick cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 mnts in the middle rack.

Let it cool and then store it in a container. This will make around 50 cookies.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good looking cookies.

Anonymous said...

First time here. Came from RP's blog.
Cookies look real cute. Never handled a cookie press.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

This is my first visit to ur blog and I'm impressed.I moved to U.S last year after my marriage.And I have slowly developed a passion to cook.I too cook only vegetarian like u.I loved all ur recipes shall henceforth be regular in visiting ur blog.I have all the ingredients which u have listed to make cookies at home and I will be trying ur cookies this weekend.Keep up the good work.CHEERS!!!!

AR

Pdk said...

Hi ..
ur site is nice.. lots of recipes here that a worth a try... i just started cooking 7 months ago... started blogging just now... http://sizzlingkitchen.blogspot.com/

and ur recipes will keep me occupied with a handful of things in my kitchen.. will let u know when u try them..
cheers.
Priya Dilip

Sowram said...

Pushpa:Thanks.Do comeback

Gini:It was my first time too handling a cookie press.Experience was good.

Annonymous:Thanks and visit again.

Priya:Enjoy cooking and visit again.

Sowram