Thursday, November 30, 2006

Egg Curry

This is the first time I am making egg curry at home. Some how i am not very fond of Egg, but my kids and husband like them a lot. More over in our house back in India egg is also considered nonveg. But coming out from India most of us tend to eat everything especially egg is supposed to be good protien for kids. When ever my husband accompanies me to the Indian store he would ask me to buy the Parampara masal pdr for egg gravy. So 2 weeks back when I went shopping i got some . We were having some firend come over too. But when time came to put the masal pdr I instead added sambar pdr. It tasted good. I exchanged my unopened masala when i went to the store next time.

Ingredients

Eggs – 6
Onion – 2 medium
Tomato – 2 medium
Sauf – 1 tsp
Garlic – 3-4 cloves
Grated coconut – ¼ cup
Sambar pdr -1 tsp
Redchilli – 2
Amchur pdr – ¼ tsp
Salt to taste

Method

Boil the eggs. Peel the eggs. Give small cuts with a knife on the eggs.
In a pan add 1 tsp oil. Cut 1 onion and fry it. Add sauf, garlic and 1 tomato.
Grind the coconut well adding little water. Then pulse them adding redchilli and fried ingredients.
Cut the 2nd onion and tomato into small pieces.
In a pan add 3 tsp oil fry the onions. Then add the tomatoes and fry till it becomes soft. Add 1 tsp sambar pdr and amchur pdr. Add the pulse mixture . Add salt to taste and little water and keep it closed and cook it for 8-10 mnts.
Add the eggs in the end.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Even at my home egg is considered as non-veg.But after coming here my husband eats egg and I make just scrambled eggs for him.Maybe I should try this dish soon.Thanks for sharing ur recipe.A small doubt u have mentioned sambhar podi in the recipe.Do u use homemade or store bought powder ?and also if u don't mind could u share the sambar podi recipe.Thanks in advance.

AR

Sowram said...

Anonymus: I use MTR brand sambar pdr.

Anonymous said...

you mentioned pulse mixture. I didn't quite understand it.