Saturday, December 30, 2006

Paneer-Capsicum Fry

This is a very easy dish to prepare when you are in a hurrybury. The masala paste I used here is the Parampara brand. It gives a nice taste and flavour to the dish.




Ingredients

Paneer,Capsicum,onion – 1 cup each(cut into small cubes)
Green chillies – 2
Salt to taste
Masala paste – 2 tsp(I use parampara brand)
Ghee – 2 tsp
Lime to garnish

Method

  1. Place a non stick pan in low flame. When it is hot. Put the paneer cubes and fry it till all sides are light brown. If you feel it might stick to the bottom add ½ tsp oil before putting the paneer cubes.
  2. In a pan heat 2 tsp ghee. Add the masal paste and green chillies. Blend it in the oil with a spatula.
  3. Then add the onions fry it.
  4. Then add capsicum and fry it.
  5. In the end add the paneer cubes. Add salt to your taste.
  6. Sprinkle some water and fry it for another 3-4 mnts stirring everynow and then.

Squeeze lime juice before serving. This is a dry dish.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi sowram,

This recipe would be really helpful especially during weekends when sometimes guests turn up within short notice.And moreover I love paneer.Shall try this recipe soon.Thanks for sharing this recipe.

AR

Kate said...

This looks delicious & I think I could make easily! Could I use firm tofu in place of the paneer - or do you know where I could by paneer locally? (CT) I'll ask you tommorrow!

Stars cant be embellished said...

Amazing... Looks like you have a new recipe!