Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Onion Tomato Parathas


Dough:

Wheat flour – 2 cups
Salt a pinch
Oil -1 tsp
Warm water to make the dough

Combine all the ingredients and make a thick dough. Knead the dough well . Keep it closed in a bowl for at least 30mnts.


Filling:

Onion , tomato – 2 cups chopped thinly
Sambar pdr – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Ghee – 1 tsp


In a pan add oil. When the mustard pops add onion. When it is lightly brown add sambar pdr, tomatoes and salt to taste. Let it cook nice and thick.


To Make Parathas:

Make 2 balls from the dough. Make very thin rounds(like we make chappathi) .

Spread the filling on it .

Cover with the other round. Press the sides well with wet finger tips.

Put it on hot tawa. Spread butter on both sides and shallow fry it.

Cut into half. This is good to eat with plain curd.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi sowram,

Its so nice to see u post recipes after a really long......gap.Though I did not leave a message but I used to come n chk ur blog quite often.I hvn't tried any other recipes as I was busy for the past one month shifting from one state to another.Ur carrot kheer has become a major hit at my place.Lovely idea of stuffing tomato n onion masala in between rotis.Capsicum n cauliflower curry is very colourful n very time saving.And i have never cooked split green peas before.I have a recipe request for u,I love ada pradhaman.I even have one pkt of ada with me.Cud u share the recipe on ur blog,whenever ur free.Thanks for sharing those wonderful recipes.

AR

Sowram said...

hi AR
Thanks for writing. I get very less time to write blogs now a days because of my classes and kids schedule. But I will try to put the ada pradhaman recipe soon.

Deepa said...

sowm...

Iam going to try this.This is a new one.ur experiment?

luv,
Deepa

Deepa said...

Sowm,
Tried out and was a success.Just made a small change;instead of sambhar powder,added little garam masala,coriander powder and turmeric powder.
Regds,
Deepa

Sowram said...

Deepa,
Nice to know u tried, made small changes and u liked it. After all cooking is about trying in different ways.